17 April 2007

Feng Shui Roleplaying XML Stuff

Dragonfly

I ran a game at the Student Nationals a bit back. Anyway I quickly hacked out an XML document and XSLT script for Feng Shui characters. Here's an empty character sheet as an XML document and an XSLT stylesheet that transforms it to HTML. I also included an Old Master (ish) archetype as an example.

Hopefully the empty one should be fairly obvious where to put the values. Keep the preprocessor directive in as it means, if the stylesheet is in the same directory, that browsers can use it to render the document as HTML (I used XSLT 1.0 for this reason). The XSLT also includes embedded CSS for styling the document, including some Mozilla specific multi-column stuff. All of this might not make sense to someone who is using it. If it isn't drop me a comment/mail/IM and I'll try to explain it to you (I'm currently working on the basis that it will only be used by me but thought I'd offer it to all anyway). Finally it is under the creative commons license (by attribution, share alike) so feel free to modify it etc.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

No comments: