06 February 2007

Mah Jong Scorer 0.9

Well I said I was going to use this for some development stuff. I'm trying to dedicate every second Tuesday for those projects I want to work on. This Tuesday hasn't gone great but I thought I'd sort out uploading a program I worked on a bit back. It's a scoring system for the Mah Jong game. It just balances the numbers in the game and gives you a final score. Still using XForms I could do some nifty stuff like have dynamic player names. It is using Mozilla XForms though being XForms should work in other XForms browsers (I haven't tested it yet though). Saying that it doesn't quite work yet as binds using index don't work which are required for the repeat on each hand score calculations. The final score is still correct however so it sort of works as expected, when the bug is fixed in the XForms renderer I'll correctly implement the bind in the form.

I'm pretty happy with everything else as it stands at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Unfortunately I was just using Google Pages to store it which don't correctly pass xhtml files (and it hands .html files as text/html so it Firefox doesn't parse it as an XHTML document) therefore I can't just link to an online version. You can download all the files (4) zipped here. Sorry I couldn't just put it online I'll see if I can find a better host for the files.

Also the image used is a modification of an image I found on Flickr it's under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license everything else is in the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license. Let me know if you have any feedback or are using it, nice to know and all that :D.

No comments: