02 April 2007

Roleplaying Events and Dancing

Oblivion Screenshot by CoreBurn

This is going to be one of those more traditional blog posts about what I've been up to and such. It might well be of interest to no one.

I ran a Star Wars game using the Feng Shui system at the Student National Roleplaying Event Thingy. I found it good fun and the adventure I wrote seemed to survive contact with the players (mostly) so it was fine. I wrote a little XML file and stylesheet to render Feng Shui characters. I shall post it up here in the near future. Some people might find it useful.

Post nationals on Sunday Dr Sordid; Silicon Owl; me and another man, who isn't into this whole web thing, went out for a meal and random chatter that was fairly grown up; reminding me that we are now grown up and talk about things like pensions. Umm, yeay?

Saturday night I was supposed to go out dancing but the day had drained me a little and I never actually made it out of the door. I had that point where I thought if I'm not going to go out now then I'm not going to make it out and that point passed. I then was kicking myself that I didn't go out and dance. I've been finding my dancing is getting a little to repetitive for my own liking. In part I attribute that to not turning up to lessons much at the moment. I think if you feel you are progressing, learning new things, then it makes it seem like you aren't going through the motions as much. Of course, as has been mentioned, a follower will dance with many leads so she probably won't see it that way (your lead being different) so it's only in your head... not in the heads of others.

So I've been playing a bit of Oblivion again recently, finishing the main quest and switching to my second character. I bought Shivering Isles, the expansion pack. I've been enjoying it so far though I've found it not overly different from the main game even though you are meant to be in the land of the insane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary said:

...random chatter that was fairly grown up; reminding me that we are now grown up and talk about things like pensions. Umm, yeay?

As your grown-up friend I get to say: you do have a pension, don't you?