14 June 2007

PoP

Prince of Persia Magic Circle

Since Prince of Persia was pretty much the game to bring me into the gaming scene I was overjoyed at its remake on XBLA. I'm loving the remake though it does show just how much more easy games have generally become. The amount of times I messed up a jump or such is surprising. Unlike Sands of Times there is no undo button, you just watch the prince slam against the floor and die. Likewise the traps don't just knock of a bit of health, they kill you. I tried to think back to when I first played the game if I survived any better than I do now and my answer is nope, just as bad as I did now. Indeed back then I used to skip a few levels so I didn't run out of time. This time, apparently, when I run out of time it's not the end of the world.

I've loved the recent Sands of Time series and I'm looking forward to the next instalment in the series. As for the XBLA, it's well worth checking out. It's unforgiving, but great.

No comments: