07 March 2007

RoboBlitz Tutorial

So I wrote a tutorial for RoboBlitz Matinees over at Naked Sky Entertainment's Wiki. Basically matinees are ways of scripting events and cameras. I'll expand it soon to cover some more ground. I started it because I had to look at levels to work out how they created matinees (including working out how to attach a camera) so I figured I'd save others the pain. Anyway working on these things then thinking of scenes in Gears of War (like the beautiful one where there is a combat going on in the background while the commander is explaining the situation to someone else) and realising just how much work must have been put into them.

If you found the tutorial of interest then do let me know. I guess knowing people actually read them helps motivate me to write them :).

No comments: